TEXT: Revelation 3: 7-8
- And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is HOLY, he that is TRUE, he that HATH THE KEY OF DAVID, HE THAT OPENETH, and no man shutteth; and SHUTTETH, and no man openeth;
- I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
In the first part of this series we saw the character of Jesus (Holy and True) but looking closely at the Rev. 3:7, we will also see His work – The One who opens and no man can shut and the One who shuts and no man can open.
Opening and shutting of doors is symbolic of Jesus authority. The symbol of the key is a picture of authority. Gen. 41:56
In the Gospels Jesus called Himself the Door to salvation so also did the apostles testify to this. Jn. 10:9; Acts 4:12
Jesus is the One opening the doors of blessings for all to come in and enjoy and not the one closing it but we must also note that some doors will eventually close if people refuse to accept Jesus and His open doors. Rev. 3:8
- CAN YOU SHUT DOORS JESUS OPENS FOR YOU?
- When Jesus opens a door for you no man or woman can shut it. Rom. 8:31
- You are the only one that can shut the door God opens for you. This is by ignorance or disobedience.
- There is a God-side and man-side of responsibility to every blessing from God.
- God has ALREADY done his own part through the death, resurrection, ascension and sitting down of Jesus Christ in heavenly places. Eph. 1:3
- The Father, through Jesus has already opened the door of salvation, divine healing, financial blessings, service, opportunity, utterance and heaven to us.
- The responsibility whether we receive and enjoy the blessings of God solely rests on each individual now. Josh. 24:15; Rev. 22:17; 3:20
- Unfortunately, some people will refuse to enjoy the provisions of God for us though they were already provided for us.
- ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE
- The word “Salvation” implies more than forgiveness from sin. It also includes healing, health, safety, deliverance, soundness and wholeness/completeness. Jn. 1:12; 2 Cor. 5:17; Rom. 1:16
- Salvation does NOT come by joining a church denomination, giving tithes, offerings, seeds or befriending the Senior Pastor or General Overseer etc. 1 Cor. 1:12; 3:1-9
- Jesus has opened the door of salvation to all except the person refuses to walk in through it by not accepting Jesus as his/her Saviour. Jn. 10:1-11; Heb. 10:19-20
- Jesus is both the Door of salvation and Good Shepherd that protect the sheep. John 10:1-11
- A day will come when the door of salvation will be shut. It won’t be left open forever. Gen. 6:13-16
- Although the Door represented salvation to Noah and his family who entered in, the door also represented a door of judgment to those outside the ark. Genesis 7:16,21-23
- The best Noah could do just like us is to preach righteousness to sinners. 2Pet. 2:4-6
- A day will come when the gates of hell will eternally shut against all those who reject Jesus Christ even though hell wasn’t created for man. Matt. 25:41; Rev. 21:27
- Never base your salvation on chance but on certainty. Be 100% sure you are on the Lord’s side!
- Those who die without Christ Jesus will spend eternity in regret and torment because of the greatest opportunity missed. Matt. 13:41-42,50; 25:30
- A time will come when preaching and conviction will cease, then the only thing to look forward to is God’s wrath and judgment. Hosea 4:17; Heb. 3:10-12
- We are to live a prepared life by seizing every opportunity God brings our way because one day it will be shut. Matt. 25:6-13
- You can be right in the middle of the move of the Holy Spirit and miss God if you are careless. Acts 5:1-10
- We must keep our heart and mind open to God so as not to miss His plans for us.
- Sin brings shame, pains, losses and downs.
- Sin blinds, deadens, distracts, diverts, deceives, enslaves, disgraces, demotes, dishonours, weakens, disqualifies, defeats and defiles. And finally sin kills!
- Remember that purgatory is a fraud. Luke 16:23-26
The door of opportunity is open for each person to choose his own destiny. Deut. 30:19
If you haven’t walked in through the door of salvation, do so right now and if you have, you can experience all that salvation includes – healing, health, deliverance, soundness and wholeness.
Don’t be taken up with frivolities and foolishness about the things of God!