The Redeemed Christian Church of God
Victory House Parish, Festac,
Lagos Province 3 Headquarters. Pst. Austin Ukaiwe
Digging Deep Tuesday – October 17, 2017
Topic: ISSUES OF LIFE (Part 2)
TEXT: PROV. 4:23-27; 2 Chron. 25:1-2
We looked at John 3:25-30 last week.
The matters arising from the Text are: Motives are very important. Acts 8:20-22, John 12:4-6, 1 Sam. 31:5
The Lessons learnt were:
- Christians must NOT lie.
- Christians must NOT Exaggerate.
- Christians must BE humble. John said I am not the Christ,
- He that hath the bride is the Bridegroom. Others should remain friends of the Groom/best-man. This is the Issue that informs Part 2
We saw that the heart of man is desperately wicked. Jer. 17:9
If you flirt with another man’s bride you are dead. Gen. 20:3, It is adultery or fornication.
Our Focus for this study is Samson
Judges 14:1,2,10, Samson marries a wife from the enemy territory against the wish of his parents.
- Should a believer marry an unbeliever for any reason? 2 Cor. 6:14-16, Heb. 13:4, SOS. 5:2
- What’s the role of parents in their children’s marriage equation? Gen. 2:24, Eph. 6:2-3, Prov. 29:1. Some ladies are suffering from bad choices
- Judg 15:1, Samson came for his wife after a while, but it was story-story. The wife has been given to the best man. Judges 14:20,
Matter arising: How long should a groom wait before taking away his bride?
- How come the best man renegotiated the bride? Could it be pecuniary issues here?
What kind of parent in law is this?
What’s in the heart of best man and the bride at the wedding?
Prov 4:23, Jer 17:9-10. ‘Alarino gbayawo’.
- Judges 15:2 – What’s in the heart of the father? Is he justified? Matt. 19:3-10
- Now Samson’s in-law makes Him a deal which they think is better: prettier younger sister – Is it a fair deal? Will you accept it if u are Samson?
Gen 29:16-28. Jacob vs Rachel and Leah.
He paid twice because the father renegade. How would you react if it were you?
- Samson said an emphatic NO to a substitute. Matt. 7:22, Jesus will not accept a substitute bride. It must be the one that has no spot. Wrinkle or blemish. Eph 5:27
The five foolish virgins did not make it, Mt 25:11, they were presumptuous.
They had excuses, but Jesus did not listen. It was too late. What’s your status now? Tomorrow may be too late.
- 3-7, it was judgement time: Samson went angry, caught 300 foxes, tied them tail to tail, kindled a firebrand, and burnt down the farm of the philistines who in turn burnt down the bride and her father. That is the ‘End of Solomon Grundy’. Prov 11:21, 16:5, 17:5, 19:5
Listen parents who encourage their daughters or sons to defy the covenant of marriage because of money etc, the philistines are coming with Fire.
Friends of couples, best-man and best-lady coveting the bride of another man: fire is coming.
- Pastors, ministers of God, enjoying more gifts from the bride of Jesus than is given to Jesus, beware; the foxes are coming with Fire, because Jesus ‘Will Not’ accept a Substitute.
LAST WORD: Will you be ready when the Groom shall come?
Next week is another Issue of Life. 1 Sam. 25:2-3
How come a groom who is Ugly and Evil but Rich toast and win a bride who combines Both Beauty and Brain (BBB)?
What’s the place of beauty in Christian marriage?